BarBQ

mike243

if i was going to do a loin i would wrap it in bacon after putting a good rub on it,a loin is really lean & the fat amount in shoulders & such help keep them from drying out,that said a water smoker will dry the food out less.about 3-4 hrs cooking on inderect heat on a reg grill but running the temp up to 300-350 will turn out fairly good,if short on time a quick marinade in creolmolee sp? after slicing will turn out good,mike243

TNDeerGuy

If you have a Kroger near you, they have a Jamician Jerk Seasoning-get it and pick up some spicy brown mustard also. Liberally season the loin with it and wrap it in saran wrap overnight, or at least 6 hours. Take loin out and put a nice thick coating of the mustard on the seasoned loin and then sprinkle more of the Jerk seasoning on it, and then place it on a grill on indirect heat and cook for 2 1/2-3 hours-if possible add some hickory chips to the grill for additional flavor. Baste it with pineapple juice every 30 minutes or so. The mustard acts as a barrier to keep the moisture in until the outside gets brown and the mustard flavor will burn off. The Jerk seasoning adds a spicy kick to the meat, which goes well with the sweetness of the pineapple baste and the smoke.

This is one of the favorites of my friends and family.

Latest posts