Back in business

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Bet I won't leave them in the box the next time I get caught in a frog strangler.

C9BAFFD4-2CDC-44A0-9F35-25AC7E7D12D9.jpeg

Terrier

You don't have to leave them on automatic... you can remove the wafer and they'll still deploy when you yank the handle. I figure the chances of me getting knocked out before I hit the water are a heck of a lot less than the vest inflating in the storage compartment. I think the auto-inflate is more of a gimmick than it is useful. With all the years that have gone by since those were invented, you'd think they'd have come up with a better wafer that doesn't cause activation from mere humidity. I'd be more understanding if it was caused by actual immersion by water flooding the compartment, but humidity? That's just bad design.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
You don't have to leave them on automatic... you can remove the wafer and they'll still deploy when you yank the handle. I figure the chances of me getting knocked out before I hit the water are a heck of a lot less than the vest inflating in the storage compartment. I think the auto-inflate is more of a gimmick than it is useful. With all the years that have gone by since those were invented, you'd think they'd have come up with a better wafer that doesn't cause activation from mere humidity. I'd be more understanding if it was caused by actual immersion by water flooding the compartment, but humidity? That's just bad design.
Wish I had read this before installing the new cylinders.
IF / when they deploy on their own again I will do that.

Canyonfish

Wish I had read this before installing the new cylinders.
IF / when they deploy on their own again I will do that.
Please don't do that! Your life is worth a whole lot more than a rearming kit. After falling in and immediately sinking and being swept by the current, I would have never found the pull. Only time I ever fallen in, and happened before I knew what happened and how fast you sink. I did remember hearing the automatic inflator go off, and saved my life. Good Lord was looking out for me that day.

I had a the wafer type in that experience, but after that scare, immediately ordered the Mustang that operates on pressure and won't deploy if it gets wet. I always wear mine, I was fishing at the time, not underway.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Please don't do that! Your life is worth a whole lot more than a rearming kit. After falling in and immediately sinking and being swept by the current, I would have never found the pull. Only time I ever fallen in, and happened before I knew what happened and how fast you sink. I did remember hearing the automatic inflator go off, and saved my life. Good Lord was looking out for me that day.

I had a the wafer type in that experience, but after that scare, immediately ordered the Mustang that operates on pressure and won't deploy if it gets wet. I always wear mine, I was fishing at the time, not underway.
9 times out of 10 where I fish is a no wake lake.
Might buy one mustang for the times I go to the big lake.

scn

It won't matter at all if it is a no wake lake. If you fall out of the boat and hit your head in the process, you stand a good chance of drowning if you aren't wearing something.

Is it worth $250 for your grand daughter to have you around?

You fish enough that the cost per use will be pretty small in a short period of time.

Latest posts