Awesome day on the Cumberland

Dbllunger

I hit the Cumberland river today below Cordell Hull dam for some white bass fishing. I fished in my boat at the dam for a few hours and caught five or six nice ones but nothing special. I then started drifting downriver and started catching fish pretty regular about every 5 min or so. I then came across a creek that runs into the river and hooked into the fattest White bass I had ever seen. It was huge! So I got on the trolling motor pretty good to hold my ground against the current and cast back in there again and hooked up immediately. Next thing you know, I have been there for an hour and a half and have caught 70-80 of the biggest white bass I have ever seen! Also caught two stripers in the 7 pound range and several skipjack. My arms and shoulders were worn out from hauling them all in. Finally the current got faster cause they turned on another generator up at the dam and the fish turned off. I was grateful to quit at that point.

All fish were caught on a 1/8 ounce white hair jig with 6lb mono on a ultralight spinning rod. All were released to fight another day.

IMG_20130403_161935_698_zps47258529.jpg

IMG_20130403_172458_031_zps109c69c2.jpg

IMG_20130403_171938_404_zpse27a4302.jpg

CATCHDAWG

Dbllunger said:
CATCHDAWG said:
Very nice, glad you had a great day!

Thanks. You know it wont be long till the big boys move up into the shallow water. I can't wait.
Yep, and I'm giddy as a school girl! I can't wait to see what you pull out of that river this year! Work gonna be busy this year but I'm gonna hit the river every chance I get even if it ain't much, I'll be there!

catman529

Looks like an awesome day fishing, maybe I can tag out on turkeys soon and hit the water.... Been thinking about those shallow water summer rockfish....

Latest posts