Average cost for leases in green county

catfishkid

I got an opportunity to lease a farm in Greene county and I did not know what the average price in the area would be. The landowner lives in Michigan and I told her I would find out what people were paying for acre down there. She really wants somebody to post your land and keep an eye on it

Rebels20

I got an opportunity to lease a farm in Greene county and I did not know what the average price in the area would be. The landowner lives in Michigan and I told her I would find out what people were paying for acre down there. She really wants somebody to post your land and keep an eye on it
are you talking about greeneville (greene co) tn? If you live in haywood on other side of Nashville there is no way I would drive from there to here. There is decent deer here but nowhere near the volume and avg of size you have in that area. I live in Greene Co. but have leased a few farms over in the next county over the years (Hawkins).

killingtime 41

I wouldn't drive from where you are I'm from greene county and live here. And the deer herd is tiny compared to where you live now. And a decent buck is like a needle in a haystack but are around just don't expect much. That's no exaggeration. Going from Haywood county to hunt Greene county would be nuts. Especially a 6 hour drive. I hunt elsewhere just to see deer more regular. And I've hunted all over Greene county over the years. You spot it wrong so maybe you're not talking about Greene county Tn. ?

catfishkid

are you talking about greeneville (greene co) tn? If you live in haywood on other side of Nashville there is no way I would drive from there to here. There is decent deer here but nowhere near the volume and avg of size you have in that area. I live in Greene Co. but have leased a few farms over in the next county over the years (Hawkins).
I live in Haywood county North Carolina where we might have two or three deer per square mile.

volboy

I wouldn't drive from where you are I'm from greene county and live here. And the deer herd is tiny compared to where you live now. And a decent buck is like a needle in a haystack but are around just don't expect much. That's no exaggeration. Going from Haywood county to hunt Greene county would be nuts. Especially a 6 hour drive. I hunt elsewhere just to see deer more regular. And I've hunted all over Greene county over the years. You spot it wrong so maybe you're not talking about Greene county Tn. ?
Here is one of the needles at a friend's house in green county.:)
1000004148.jpg

killingtime 41

Btw…Greene county is beautiful.
I am sure that is has deceloped too much in last 20 years. I never got tired of the drive from Greeneville to Johnson City or Erwin ….. Especially when there would be snow on the tops of the mountains.
Traffic is backed up in Greenville anymore. Can't even pull out of any side roads just to many people to fast. Roads can't handle it. But yes it was a beautiful place at one time. Wish it was like it was 10 years ago.no traffic at that time and no houses filling up every long distance view.

7mm08

Traffic is backed up in Greenville anymore. Can't even pull out of any side roads just to many people to fast. Roads can't handle it. But yes it was a beautiful place at one time. Wish it was like it was 10 years ago.no traffic at that time and no houses filling up every long distance view.
Starting to sound like Knoxville. Amazing growth

GreeneGriz

I lease a farm in Greene county and it runs me $10/acre.

GreeneGriz

I've lived in Greeneville since 2007 and traffic isnt bad at all. II drive thru greene, Cocke, Hamblen, and Hawkins county daily.

killingtime 41

I've lived in Greeneville since 2007 and traffic isnt bad at all. II drive thru greene, Cocke, Hamblen, and Hawkins county daily.
Then I don't know what your definition of bad traffic is. Cause there ain't a soul in greeneville gonna tell you the traffic isn't bad. Unless you're driving through there at midnight. I've lived in Greenville for 44 years. By your comparison of 2007 compared to now there's no comparison. If you can't hardly pull out a side road to get on 11e. And backed up red light after red light then I call that backed up.