ATV sprayer

eastTN270

I'm going to buy an ATV sprayer. Looking at a 25 gallon with a hand sprayer and either a boom or boomless. I'm looking a one from Northern Tool that is 26 gallon and boomless. It has a 5.5 gpm pump. Most others I've looked at only have 2 or 3 gpm pumps.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Is the 5.5 that much better? Boom or boomless?

Bayou Buck

I have the 26 gallon boomless and it does the job. Covers some ground also and no need to worry about fittting in tight spots. If you have all open fields with no obstructions while spraying then the boom will probably give you a little better contact.

jmb4wd

From my experience, even if you don't plan on using a boomless nozzle right now, go ahead and get the bigger pump. I ran into issues with using a boomless with a smaller pump and keeping the pressures up at the nozzle.

I was getting big drops, kind of like a leaky fan spray whick in turn was wasting a lot of my herbicide.

jmb4wd

From my experience, even if you don't plan on using a boomless nozzle right now, go ahead and get the bigger pump. I ran into issues with using a boomless with a smaller pump and keeping the pressures up at the nozzle.

I was getting big drops, kind of like a leaky fan spray whick in turn was wasting a lot of my herbicide.

eastTN270

$319 with everything included. I didn't like Tractor Supply because I had to buy the boom or boomless nozzle separate.

AlabamaSwamper

We own the Fimco sprayers and they have performed well for several years. I finally had to replace my pump last summer but I couldn't begin to count the gallons I've put through mine.

Replacement was $60.

Parts for mine are easy to find and prices are low as they should be for those parts.

Latest posts