ATN Red Dot or variable scope

.444 Marlin

We have a ATN red dot at work for $184 that Im thinkin about putting on my rock river but I also want somethin with a variable power for longer shots cause my eyes dont work well with open style sights so Im thinkin about a 2-7x33 loopy or a fixed 4 or 6x 20mm (if anyone makes a fixed 6x20mm).

Kimberman

I would go with a low power variable, something like a 1-4 or 1.5-4.5. Most short barrel AR work will be up close, so I think its more important to have a scope that goes low with a wide FOV.

firefox

With low power optics the front sight base will cause distortion in the focal plane of the optic. It's not bad enough to rule it out! I like my AR's to have zero distortion in regards to sight picture. With magnified optics I build either a gas-black without sights or a fold down front-sight version(PRI YHM MI)
Non-magnified red-dots and such it doesn't matter if the Front Sight Base extends into the field of the non-magnified optic.
I'd go with the ATN red-dot. Zero it point-of-aim...point-of-impact at 50 yards and you'll be good to go out to 300...as long as the kill zone is about the size of a 8 inch pie plate ;)

.444 Marlin

I cant remember the name of the scope (NcStar I think) but I was goin through a cheaper than dirt catalog awhile ago and saw a 1.5-6x40mm scope that looked pretty compact for $114.

Latest posts