ATI Scout question

C1295

I have an ATI Scout and went shot it yesterday its not ejecting the shells anyone has one of these or had this issue with one? This is my first semi Auto shot gun always had pumps or single shots before.

DaveTN

Verify quality ammo first.

Does your manual say anything about ammo, or do you have a paper in the box that says something like "ATTENTION! Firearm requires 1300FPS ammo to function properly."?

C1295

Verify quality ammo first.

Does your manual say anything about ammo, or do you have a paper in the box that says something like "ATTENTION! Firearm requires 1300FPS ammo to function properly."?
I will look it up and see if I can find out. It didn't come with any paper work.

DaveTN

I will look it up and see if I can find out. It didn't come with any paper work.
The Winchester Super X you are using should work fine. But I'd try something more powerful.

How common is the failure to eject? What does it look like, is it trapped by the bolt with the hull partially ejected?

Did you clean it and lube it when you got it, prior to shooting? Is this your first time shooting it?

C1295

Yes I cleaned and Lubed it when I got it. And this was my first time shooting it. And its every time it never ejects them. I have to pull the bolt back manually and then it ejects and reloads.

DaveTN

Yes I cleaned and Lubed it when I got it. And this was my first time shooting it. And its every time it never ejects them. I have to pull the bolt back manually and then it ejects and reloads.
So… the bolt is completely closed on an empty shell every time? That's not normal even with low power ammo. I'd send it back. It sounds like something major (more than just ammo) is wrong.

C1295

I may just have to have a gun smith look at it I don't think they will take it back 😑

DaveTN

That sucks. That is 3" correct? I'd go buy some quality 3" and try that. If it's not a 3" try some higher velocity 2.75.

Plenty of horror stories with those cheap Turkish guns. Maybe someone on the forum in your area could take a look at it. It wouldn't take much for a gunsmith bill to be more than the cost of the gun, but you never know. I'd pursue more powerful ammo before I did that.

If you are less than a year out ATI might fix it. They have a bunch of ifs/ands/buts on their warranty page, but you can email them at: [email protected]
and see what they say.

C1295

Thanks buddy I really appreciate it I have some 3" pumpkin balls and 3" trucks loads I may shot through it and see what happens with them

C1295

That sucks. That is 3" correct? I'd go buy some quality 3" and try that. If it's not a 3" try some higher velocity 2.75.

Plenty of horror stories with those cheap Turkish guns. Maybe someone on the forum in your area could take a look at it. It wouldn't take much for a gunsmith bill to be more than the cost of the gun, but you never know. I'd pursue more powerful ammo before I did that.

If you are less than a year out ATI might fix it. They have a bunch of ifs/ands/buts on their warranty page, but you can email them at: [email protected]
and see what they say.

ATI Sent me a label to ship it back and they are going to have it fixed under warranty.

Latest posts