Asain carp on the Cumberland?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My boss and I were talking about the carp issue the other day and he brought up the Cumberland River.

We were just wondering if they were in that one too?

cbhunter

They have been a problem there for a while. I seen a sign on one of the boat ramps there prob 5-6 years ago. It was warning you of the dangers of boating because of the carp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillbillyfab

Put in at Johnson's Creek Saturday and was surprised I didn't see any. Although I've been seeing them there for the last 5+ years. I remember the first time, it actually caught me surprise when one landed in the boat.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

catman529

Yea they have been in the Cumberland for at least several years. I haven't seen one yet myself so they aren't too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TRIGGER

Absolutely. Was on the Cumberland not too long ago and saw them jumping out of the water by the hundreds behind a barge that was going up the river. I have seen numerous Asian carp on the river but that was the first time seeing them jump like that behind a barge.

catman529

TRIGGER":3i7z37wt said:
Absolutely. Was on the Cumberland not too long ago and saw them jumping out of the water by the hundreds behind a barge that was going up the river. I have seen numerous Asian carp on the river but that was the first time seeing them jump like that behind a barge.
what part of the river? I see barges and tugs go by me all the time but no flying fish

7mm08

catman529":1m6uiy7f said:
TRIGGER":1m6uiy7f said:
what part of the river? I see barges and tugs go by me all the time but no flying fish

Funny you mentioned barges.... buddy called me from the Kentucky lake and described hundreds jumping behind a barge. Seems to me a guy could design a cage or something you could tow behind a barge and "vacuum " up those fish!! Ha!

TRIGGER

catman529":4kago25v said:
TRIGGER":4kago25v said:

This was in Clarksville.