ASA Classic

Crow Terminator

Any of you fellas headed to the Classic this weekend? I took the day off to get everything ready for heading out tomorrow. I can't say that I've ever been more excited to head to a shoot...with as much confidence in my bow as I have right now.

The only downside I see is that I drew some crappy shooting times. I shoot at 7:30 Saturday morning and then at 3 Saturday evening. I hate shooting both rounds on Saturday. Wife shoots at 11 on Saturday and 7:30 Sunday. So I am stuck there all day Saturday. We are staying in another town away from Cullman...the rooms in Cullman were too expensive for no more than what they are. I wasn't about to pay $150-$170 a night for a hotel in Cullman, Alabama just because prices were jacked up for a shoot there. I've stayed in condos on the beach for less than that a night. lol

Good luck to all that are going. As excited as I am...at the same time, I'm ready for tourney season to be over so I can focus on some other things.

Crow Terminator

This was probably the best shoot of the yr. If you went to the Classic last yr and had complaints...I bet ASA and the city of Cullman addressed them for this year. The food was good...they had shuttles to take folks to ranges/vehicles and in addition to that, they even had golf carts and such to pick folks up from the ranges. If they saw you walking and didn't already have a full load, they would stop and ask if you needed a ride. The ranges were set well and challenging. They kept really good tabs on the targets. In Florida And Kentucky, by the days end, the targets were so shot out that most of the bottom 10 rings were just a hole...at this shoot, they changed inserts before they got that bad. I really like the Florida venue but I think the Classic @ Cullman takes top spot for me now. Next yr we get a new one in Tuscaloosa, AL and I've still not been to Metropolis or Ft. Benning either.

I shot pretty good down there. Finished 7th but a so/so first round killed my score. I shot a clean round on it...no 5s or 8s...just 10s but only 5 twelves...just couldn't catch any breaks on 12s...was all around them by 1/8th an inch or sometimes less. Round 2 was much better on 12s for me. I shot 9 of them in a row...one half of the roadbed, I picked up right where I left off from the first round...close to the 12 but not in it. Then we "turned the corner" and shot the other side of the road...and I shot 9 out of 10 twelve's on that side of the 20. I had just finished that streak of twelve's and we walk up on the shortest target of the whole thing @ 19 yards. And I shot a stinking 8 on it!! Was holding just under the 12 with my 20 pin hoping it would go up and into it...and it hit right where the pin was holding. haha

bowhunter163

Congrats again . You will be officially kicked out of novice now . Lol . Good shooting and I'm already looking forward to next year . But I'm ready for hunting right now .

Latest posts