Arrow Quivers - Need some Opinions Please

TNDeerGuy

I have an idea and I was just needing some info and opinions from you guys, if you don't mind. Would you consider purchasing a 100% hand-made genuine leather quiver, that should last a lifetime, in the style of journals below, but full customization/personalization also available to make the quiver individual to you. Also, what features would you like to have with the quiver, if any?
of course.

Thanks!

Brown_leather_journal_front1sm_.jpg

DLJ_FT_FUL_1.jpg

cross_journal_bottom.jpg

eddie c

I take it you intend for this to be a traveling quiver for the purpose of packing up arrows for trips? what's going to keep from crushing the feathers? protection for broadheads?

you havent shown me or given enough info for me to make a decision. all the pics show me are journal covers.

7-08 fan

If you could come up with an all leather back quiver or one that would attach to a belt and hang at the waist I would be interested in one in the style of the bottom journal cover.

TNDeerGuy

eddie c said:
I take it you intend for this to be a traveling quiver for the purpose of packing up arrows for trips? what's going to keep from crushing the feathers? protection for broadheads?

you havent shown me or given enough info for me to make a decision. all the pics show me are journal covers.

I haven't made up my mind as to what I will be doing design wise, as far as hip or back quivers. I'm just testing the waters as to would there be a market for something with the apperance/feel of the look of the leather that had design characteristics of the pics above. Alot of the leather quivers I've seen have the Western/Native American feel and I was just curious if there would be a desire for something with more of a rugged/worn look.

TNDeerGuy

7-08 fan said:
If you could come up with an all leather back quiver or one that would attach to a belt and hang at the waist I would be interested in one in the style of the bottom journal cover.

A hip style quiver will definately be the main one--that is what got this whole thing started. I was going make myself one with that type of distressed leather because I'm tired of messing with these cheap junk ones that only last a couple of years..

FOX FIRE

I bought some leather from a gent at the local flea market a couple years back & fabricated my own, nothing fancy just function, about 7" a round at the top & probably 4" on the bottom & a shoulder strap, used leather lacing to tie it together, used a thin split deer leather to add some fringe around the top.

Lessons learned...even what seems to be a stiff leather will limber up with use,I used a thick pig leather for most of it, hoping it would help maintain the shape but after some use it softens up quite a bit, Also buy a quality leather punch, I bought a cheap one for just a few bucks & when the punch pierces the leather thers a small piece of plastic the gives it something to press against, mine went thru the leather then evntualy thru the plastic, look for one thats all metal so the punch can do its job.

All in all it was kinda fun & not much trouble, it dont look like a 3rd grader made it but definately dont look as slick as a store bought unit.

Latest posts