army worms

catman529

fruitworms get into the ears but I dont know the damage armyworms will do to the corn. I always see a few armyworms on my tomatoes but their damage is minimal.

orion43

Dawn dishwater liquid (4 ozs. per gallon of water makes a good spray. It worked great on the Japanese beattles and blister bugs in tomatoes.

Beekeeper

Stovepipe said:
I've been mixing up liquid Seven and spraying my sweet corn. I did it about 3 times while they were growing. So far, as I've shucked a few dozen ears, no worms! Of course, I have a large ag-tank sprayer that I mix up 30 gallons at a time. But I don't know your means, but I'm sure you could still use a small 1-gallon sprayer if you have a small patch of corn.

I was resigned to dealing with corn worms as usually my rate was about 1 of 5 ears would usually have a worm. But it's really worked good for me this year. My main reason for spraying was no-so-much for worms, but the Japanese beetles were eating my silks. And they have contributed to many of my ears not being completely pollinated and cobs not being filled out.
Liquid seven is not real good for the honeybees that pollinate your corn. It seems to kill them dead!!!! Maybe you could try something a little less lethal. :(