Anyone Own the K98 Mauser?

huntinman

Every gun or hunting magazine you pick up has the German K98 Mausers for sale in them from Mitchell's Mausers. Does anyone on here actually own one? I have been thinking about one for a while. They look awesome from the pictures.

pcrc

EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU BUY FROM MITCHELLS. They have absolutely no resale value and are grossly overpriced. They are completely restored rifles which have very little and I mean very little respect in the world of Military Surplus Arms. Go to any website forums dedicated to Military Surplus weapons and do some checking of your own before you purchase from them.

flhunter

I got a collection of them,they are heavy but all of them shoot great,very accurate ,there are some sites that will sell you the Russian Capture K-98 for arouind $249. also you can get the ones scrubbed clean of any marks by the Yugoslavians ,those are also around $250, Do Not waste your money on the MITCHELl MAUSERS it is a gimmiick all the ones they are selling are restored by them ,nothing original that warrants their price.

BMan

I have a Yugo K98K. Bought it to shoot, not for any historical function (which, being a Yugo, it doesn't have anyway).

Stripped it down completely, degreased it thoroughly, stripped and refinished the stock. Killed several deer with it.

If you get one, either learn how the sights work or replace them with something newer. They are NOT set up up the same as American sights are.

Latest posts