Anyone own a Barnett Quad 400?

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
I have a friend that has been looking at them. He was wondering how they shoot and if they are hard to chocolate chip cookie as he has a back injury.

Rubberduck270

In my opinion they are the best crossbow for the money. With the rope cocker they come with it is not hard at all to chocolate chip cookie. Only advice I would give him is to make sure he carries his target with him to the woods so that he can discharge or "unload" it when he is done hunting.

ram46

I got the Quad 400 AVI and love it,shoots very fast and accurate.Only thing is I feel the barnett bolts arn't as good as some others ,I shoot power bolts by easton just use long vanes though short vanes arn't anygood for crossbows IMO

BlackBelt

I've got a Quad 400. Excellent crossbow. I also use a TenPoint crossbow that costs 2-1/2 times as much. There's not a nickels worth of functional difference between them.
Both are deadly accurate, both are the same speed (over 300fps), and both make the same amount of noise when fired.
Your friend won't go wrong with the Barnett.

ruger7mag

2-Step Enabled
I also hunt with a quad 400. I really like it, and cant think of anything negative about it. Barnett's customer service is top notch as well.

TX300mag

How does it compare to the Jackal? Is it possible that's what you saw at Academy, dryhorn2?

The Quad 400 is $399. I was going to buy one online for $350. Academy has the Jackal on sale for $249 right now, regular $299.

htnseymour

I have had one for a few years now and it shoots great. Accurate and I shoot carbon bolts with mechanical broadheads from carbon express. I shot a doe at 40 yards last year with about a 6.5 inch drop, but I usually shoot high anyway. Those broadheads only let her run about 15-20 yards before she was done and ready for the truck.

Latest posts