Anyone out

Snake

Good morn... got an 80y look at a really nice buck with my daughter I saw back in ML. I thought he was a 125in 4.5yo, but he ended up being a 120in 3.5yo. She elected.to pass. Son already killed his 1 buck for the year a month ago and was bloodthirsty so he took a doe in a God awful spot 300 ft elevation and half mile from the truck. Oh well... gotta pay to play. No way to get her out from there, so we skinned and quartered her up where she fell and packed her out on our backs. I gave him 3/4 of the meat to pack out as punishment.

Saw another 4.5yo cull on the hit list at 1230 today tending a doe 600y off my property on the way back for lunch. We saw 25 does/fawns this eve between 3 groups, but only yearling bucks. 2 more days left in 2022 TN season. No shooter bucks that I know of, but there's always a chance!
Congrats on some fine eating .

philsanchez76

Did you know he was hit. Any blood to follow. How did you end up finding him ?
Yeah A LOT of blood to follow and a little bit of stomach contents. Since there was so much blood I figured he was likely dead and decided to go ahead and start tracking (30 min after shot) and tracked about 50 yards into the woods and bumped him. Ok not dead yet, so we backed out and went and took care of the doe. Came back 5 hours later and picked up the trail again. Was tracking my trail on my OnX app and thats how I know we walked 550 yards of very solid blood and found him. He had probably been dead at least 2 hours.

Latest posts