Anyone out

cecil30-30

My morning hunts are pretty much done this year. I just don't have the drive to get up this late in the season. But I still manage a few afternoon sits even though I feel like I have about a 1% chance of seeing a shooter buck. Thought I'd mix it up today and sit on the ground, something I haven't done in years. Also am sitting where I dont hunt on the property, at the mouth of a holler that comes out into a big flat creek bottom. I haven't had a stand or hunted this spot in many many years also.

Attachments

• 20221218_144953.jpg
    20221218_144953.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 177

ROVERBOY

Didn't go this morning but, went Yesterday morning. Saw one doe about 8:30. Went to a dinner/supper with my siblings Yesterday. Headed back home around 4:30, and saw more deer in fields, than I've seen all season.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Sacrificed and went with a friend to hunt his place this morning out of the goodness of my heart because I know he doesn't like to hunt alone.

I shot a young buck at 7am and he got a doe around 9:30.

Crazy for me that this was my first hunt during gun season for this deer season.

I didn't see any ticks which may be a bad thing; could be hiding on me somewhere.

I plan to hunt my place Tuesday with less of a need for meat now. I may have to come back home Wednesday if the weather forecast continues to show the yuck for Thursday.

philsanchez76

Brother and Nephew in town visiting for a boys trip. All they wanted to do was get a deer. So we hunted hard Friday, Saturday and this morning. Skunked on Friday. Didnt'even see a squirrel. Saw 9+ deer Saturday. Tried to put a sneak on a buck but was unsuccessful. still very fun hunt. Then this morning as the last chance cuz they had to leave by lunch. COLD morning. But we ended up shooting a spike and a doe. Doe was DRT, spike made it 550 yards before finally expiring! Was an insane track Job. But super fun weekend.

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
Sometimes on the tail end of the season I start losing the desire to get up also usually due to a lack of deer sightings. What I do, is change up my game plan and areas. That seems to get me going again. Sounds like that is what you did this morning. Good Luck and continue to hold the course. No sense in pulling up lame this close to the end. Never know what you may or may not see. Enjoy

killingtime 41

Brother and Nephew in town visiting for a boys trip. All they wanted to do was get a deer. So we hunted hard Friday, Saturday and this morning. Skunked on Friday. Didnt'even see a squirrel. Saw 9+ deer Saturday. Tried to put a sneak on a buck but was unsuccessful. still very fun hunt. Then this morning as the last chance cuz they had to leave by lunch. COLD morning. But we ended up shooting a spike and a doe. Doe was DRT, spike made it 550 yards before finally expiring! Was an insane track Job. But super fun weekend.
Did you know he was hit. Any blood to follow. How did you end up finding him ?

Pilchard

I went this evening. Forgot my boots. Hunted in crocs and went to a spot I didn't plan to hunt as a result. Had the wrong rifle with me since I was intending to have a close shot. Saw 7 does but they were 200yds away and wasn't comfortable with a fixed 6 power scope.

megalomaniac

Good morn... got an 80y look at a really nice buck with my daughter I saw back in ML. I thought he was a 125in 4.5yo, but he ended up being a 120in 3.5yo. She elected.to pass. Son already killed his 1 buck for the year a month ago and was bloodthirsty so he took a doe in a God awful spot 300 ft elevation and half mile from the truck. Oh well... gotta pay to play. No way to get her out from there, so we skinned and quartered her up where she fell and packed her out on our backs. I gave him 3/4 of the meat to pack out as punishment.

Saw another 4.5yo cull on the hit list at 1230 today tending a doe 600y off my property on the way back for lunch. We saw 25 does/fawns this eve between 3 groups, but only yearling bucks. 2 more days left in 2022 TN season. No shooter bucks that I know of, but there's always a chance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221218_103459_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221218_103459_Gallery.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20221218_103505_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221218_103505_Gallery.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts