Anyone fished the Williamsport lakes?

catman529

I might consider the drive down to fish one of the Williamsport lakes for a day, just for the big cats and grass carp. Probably would rent a boat too. Has anyone fished any of these lakes and got anything good or bad to share?

bob

Happens to all the TWRA lakes. Why they let people jug or noodle (I won't even call it fishing) on TWRA PAY lakes is beyond comprehension.

Only one line in the water per angler should be the rule. Those lakes should be for fishing enjoyment not commercialized harvesting of the fish.

jw0312

bob said:
Happens to all the TWRA lakes. Why they let people jug or noodle (I won't even call it fishing) on TWRA PAY lakes is beyond comprehension.

Only one line in the water per angler should be the rule. Those lakes should be for fishing enjoyment not commercialized harvesting of the fish.
x2

Hangnail

The limit for catfish is five per person, per day. Jugs aren't any more effective on a small body of water than poles. These are small lakes that are popular. My son and I went a couple of times a few years ago and it was no trouble at all to limit out on catfish.

Latest posts