Anyone else wish....

BlountArrow

Retirement doesn't have to equal old age though.
Get your financial affairs in order if you can and you just might be able to retire sooner than you think. I'm still naively optimisitic anyways :) .

backroads

BlountArrow said:
Get your financial affairs in order if you can and you just might be able to retire sooner than you think.

totally agree. It's hard and takes a lot of discipline to save and not spend (especially on credit if you can help it). This is why my wife is the family CFO and we are on the right path. Now if I can figure out to reduce what the government takes I might be able to retire a couple of years early.

brmaster

not to out do any one out there, but I am working on my second million dollars as of Jan 1 2013,
As I couldnt get my first, so getting a fresh start again,,,,LOL

Frank G

Retirement is not that it is cracked up to be (ha). Oh sure I can hunt/fish as much as I want (60 days) last season. Play with my kids (2 Springers), work on the house and landscaping, drink a beer when I want etc etc. I took a part time job just for the social interaction. AND ammo is getting expensive, time for a new gun, hunting lease and boat slip dues. That way I don�t have to �cut� the matrice open and grab a hand full of 20s ��. Besides it�s fun to have a schedule and people depending on you. Hopefully I can arrange to get laid off when deer season rolls around (ha) worked hard all my life to get to this position. Believe me the age comes along a lot faster then you believe. Just ask anyone!