Any Rut Activity east tn

DRSJ35

Anybody seeing any rut activity around.Doe's are still together.I dont have any bucks chasing doe's on camera.Also i havn't see any out in the woods either.But it seem's i see bigger bucks and more of a rut the 2nd week of December.More than i do thanksgiving week. Just wondering what others were seeing.I'm over in Greene county.thanks

Big T

In McMinn County, watched a buck breed a doe yesterday and after my buddy shot him, another bigger buck ran in and stopped by his body. I promptly killed him. They're in full rut here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MUP

I'm in Seq Co and I've only seen 3 bucks total so far, and only two tiny does that were running the whole time from when I first saw them till they were out of sight, and then one of the bucks I've seen came trailing behind them. Many 0 deer sits so far, and only a couple of rubs seen, and no scrapes at all.

Winchester

I've been hunting Roane and Anderson counties mostly with a lil in Loudon co. Rut has been great this yr overall with a couple of flurries lasting just a few days where it was really good. Mature bucks have been on their feet during daylight more than I can remember over a longer period than usual this yr. Lots of leaves still on trees especially undergrowth which has really hurt visibility but overall the hunting has been great here.

CoolBreeze

Saw my first buck yesterday in Franklin co. All by himself and walked right past my tree stand. I was hunting with my ML and fired at 20 yards. Could not miss! But I did. The primer fired and then a second later, the powder. Five seconds later when the smoke cleared, he was still standing looking right at me. A few seconds later he was gone. I reloaded and rattled and grunted but he never returned. probably left the county.
Still some fresh scrapes and rubs. will try again tomorrow. :?

nabowhunter

I agree with you on the December hunting. In east Hamblen I believe now through the first 10 days of December are the best time to be in the woods. Funny though I hunt Jefferson county also and it's always the last two weeks of November when I see the most rut activity. I e seen bucks chasing for a week or so in Jefferson this year

DRSJ35

It's crazy how one county could differ from the other. I have tiny spotted fawns on camera the 13th of August. So wouldn't that put breeding of the doe's 6 months prior approxmently. I would say breeding to be in December or around it anyway. I'm not a biologist so that's my uneducated guess. Also Sunday seen a group of 5 doe's just walking a nibbling plants. Watched them with binoculars for an hour. Never the first buck to pester them.