Any rodmakers on here?

snaildarter

I've just started making my own rods. I am making two 7' spinning rods for my dad and I. If all goes well I'm going to try a fly rod next. I'll post some pics at a later date.

snaildarter

I'm using the cheap unsanded blanks ($4.95 each) from mudhole with pacific bay cork grip kits and guides. I'm having the most trouble with the wraps. I tried making a tensioner, but it failed . I cant seem to keep consistent tension. I seem to have better luck just using my fingers.

milkey

I use a regular fly tying bobin....i would suggest you use a better blank because you will see how good a job you do and wish you had used a better blank ( i did) i build only g-loomis good luck

snaildarter

I used my fly bobbin on my second rod and it made all the difference in world. My second rod is 10x better than the first one I struggled through. Its on the dryer right now. Once dryed I'll take a couple of photos.

Oh btw I'm using the cheap blanks to see if this is a hobby I want to take up. They are surprisingly good blanks, but I did request some specifics from them over the phone when I ordered them.

Latest posts