Any recommendation for Mrytle Beach Fishing

David

I know this isn't TN fishing, but going to Mrytle Beach next week. Can anyone recommend a deep sea fishing guide there?

Just wanting to get out on the water with the wife and catch some fish. Not picky about what, but as always the bigger the better :)

stik

little river to the north has several marinas offering fishing trips. we went out once from here but i don't remember the name of the marina or boat.
capt. Richard's in murrels inlet is another option. we have fished out of there several times. mostly bottom fish(beeliners,triggerfish a few groupers...). the triggerfish are DELICIOUS btw. occasionally a school of amberjacks will make an appearance.

holstonangler

I have both trolled for big game on charter and been gulf stream on Cpt. Dicks boats. Both are just ok. Party boat was overcrowded and the charter boat had the guide doing 99% of the work so all i was doing was turning the reel handle. Its a long ride to the gulf stream though, like a 2.5-3 hour ride out and then back again. We did catch alot of fish on both trips though. 1/2 day and evening trips with them is not worth the money, I would fish off the piers or jetties before i did those again.

stik

holstonangler said:
I have both trolled for big game on charter and been gulf stream on Cpt. Dicks boats. Both are just ok. Party boat was overcrowded and the charter boat had the guide doing 99% of the work so all i was doing was turning the reel handle. Its a long ride to the gulf stream though, like a 2.5-3 hour ride out and then back again. We did catch alot of fish on both trips though. 1/2 day and evening trips with them is not worth the money, I would fish off the piers or jetties before i did those again.

in my experience, the fishing around myrtle beach generally sucks.

stik

Buckblaster said:
Im from not that far from there.

Go 45 minutes back west to the little peedee river and its some of the best bream fishing in the southeast.

no offense, but if i drive 6-8 hrs. to go fishing, it ain't going to be for bream!

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
stik said:
Buckblaster said:

Go 45 minutes back west to the little peedee river and its some of the best bream fishing in the southeast.

no offense, but if i drive 6-8 hrs. to go fishing, it ain't going to be for bream!

LOL.
Neither would I. Just saying.

Mudfish on cheap spinnerbaits is a blast too.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
stik said:
Buckblaster said:

LOL.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
stik said:
Buckblaster said:

LOL.

rukiddin

stik said:
[in my experience, the fishing around myrtle beach generally sucks.

Just gotta know where to go. The average house would'nt hold all the specs and flounder I've pulled out of the inlets and tidal creeks.

If you just wanna take your own pole and go out, thentry the tidal creeks that run behind the ocean front stuff to the little creek/marshes. Lots of flounder, many will be undersized but some will keep. Catch some fiddlers and fish the bridge pilings for sheepshead. If your in North Myrtle around the Cherry Grove area, then try the inlet. Last time I was there it was getting built up pretty bad, but there are still lots of flounder and trout. Take a cast net and catch some mullet running up the shore for bait or cast the net around the grass and catch some shrimp. Or if you have kids take some shrimp and they will wear themselves out catching pinfish. You can also use them for bait.

If your just looking for a deepsea fishing, then go to the little river area down by the docks and you can usually buy a ticket the day before. The charters are gonna run you 6-800 dollars for a gulf stream trip. Little river is right on the NC/SC line.

goblrhntr

I'm with Rukiddinld Right about now should be starting prime time for flounder in the inlets. In Cherry Grove look for the 53rd street pier on the inlet side. Good access to walk the bank and cover some water and use a cast net as well. I have had my best luck casting a beetle spin and about 1/4 oz. jig head with a mud minnow.