Any bottle collectors here?

geezer

The reason I ask is today while arrowhead hunting a small creek I saw an old bottle sticking out of an eroded bank and it ended up being this "old cascade Tennessee sour mash" cork top bottle and from what little info Ive found on the web about it, George Dickel is the distiller. Im curious of around about how old it is and if it has any value since most the bottles I find are junk and as one man told me, they be good for target practice!!! Something tells me this one might be a good find but Id love to know more.Thanks fellas.

geezer

I have found a little info on it. This bottle is from the 1890's, after George Dickel died in 1894 the name was changed from old cascade to "Dickel" so looks like I done good on bringing this one home with me! I was only able to find 1 on the worldwide web for sell and it's in Macon Georgia for 355.00$!!!
Wish I would've found a sweet lost lake arrowhead yesterday but this old piece of Tn. History is almost as good.....ALMOST! :)

catman529

thats a great find, I would put one like that on my shelf. I dont know much about bottles at all, but if I find one that is old and in good shape, I will usually keep it.

cleatus2506

I believe that bottle type is referred to as a "cylinder." Probably made around the turn of the century. Jack Daniel's bottles of the same type and era in good shape can bring $700-1000 if you find the right collector. Dickel stuff doesn't bring as much so I'd say the $355 price geezer found is probably pretty close. If you want more exact info about the bottle, contact Randy Piper at Sully's Collectibles on the square in Lynchburg. Randy is a well known Jack Daniel's colector and is a wealth of knowledge about old whisky bottles.

Latest posts