Anticipation...

megalomaniac

Opening day tomorrow. Haven't had a tom on cameras on my lease in 10d, but my son and I went there after work to try to roost one. Got lucky, and found a lone tom from the interior blacktop road at 6p, he crossed to a hardwood drain in the same area I killed one last year. I'm hoping he didn't go too far in that last hour before fly up time. Single tom without hens on opening morning could be a good combo!

Got all the clothes treated last night, have the truck loaded for tomorrow morn except for the shotguns. Gonna be a WET opening day/ weekend, just hoping we don't have tstorms.

Carlos

Opening day in what area?

I haven't seen a turkey hunting video since last year, because I can tell once I start watching them I'm gonna get the fever really bad this year.

I can't hard hardly wait!

tntrkkllr

Where I hunt public thunderstorms 6-8 am 👎🏻👎🏻 hopefully it'll stop raining mid morning early afternoon. I don't mind getting wet but what it's doing right now At work I will not get in unless I have private and a blind lol

megalomaniac

I gave him an hour, then walked away calling hoping that would get him interested. Made a giant loop around him and tried from the other side. Never saw or heard him after he pitched out of the tree. Covering ground now, no luck so far.

2 other guys on the lease didn't hear anything either. Friend 2 counties to the west has already called in 3 birds gobbling, but they have busted him (he's inexperienced and trying to self film). So at least some birds are gobbling in the 80deg temps and 99% relative humidity!

megalomaniac

Time of death... 1201

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315_122724_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_122724_Gallery.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts