Answers and opinions please

Realtree56

Ok, let me start by saying that this is gonna be a very special piece of taxidermy to me: An old friend and hunting mentor of mine passed away this past spring, afterwards his family wanted me to have one of his pieces of taxidermy. I chose a drake wood duck, because it is probably my favorite duck, and I always think of him stalking his creek, hoping to jump some woodies. Fast forward to opening day of duck season this year and 5 minutes after shooting light A group of woodies flies straight into us and I take a drake. It's the first duck I killed since his passing, and I've decided to have it mounted and put onto a habitat piece with his duck. The picture is something I found on google that I really like, and the top bird is on a very similar if not identical form to his duck. My question is do any of you know any kind of catalog number to the branch used in the picture? I've searched most of the taxidermy suppliers' sites and I can't find it anywhere... Now the opinion part... My drake will go on the piece where the hen in the photo is, but I was thinking of having it on a different form. His colors were awesome and I hate to hide them by having him mounted belly up. Also I would really like to have the bird on a different form than his bird which is obviously already mounted. I know my taxidermist will help but I would like to have as many ideas as possible, and your all's input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,029

Latest posts