Another Prairie poodle takes a ride.....new pic

redblood

me and blue had a great hunt. used the new decoy and caller with fast success. set one, barely got started and we had a pair coming from hard right. hated to, but took the shot on the female as she was the lead dog. center punched her facing me at 125 yards. she never kicked. male jetted at the shot. we have seen yotes on this farm everytime this yr and finally sealed the deal on this one-26 pound female. we will try to catch up with lover boy next time we are on that side of the county. blue has some better pics of the all the equiptment he will post later. We called a new farm that was dry, but is very promising.

yoteequipt.jpg

weatherbyyote1.jpg

Blue5

Re: Another Prairie poodle takes a ride.....

Fun hunt! I actually sent you all the pics! Click on the text and hit play. They should play like a slideshow.

TurkeyBurd

I never shoot a female yote...that is just wrong.

HaHa...that is awesome...Captain Hook wont be happy that a decoy was used.

Rock on men....my phone has a ringer.

MRUTVOL

TurkeyBurd said:
I never shoot a female yote...that is just wrong.

HaHa...that is awesome...Captain Hook wont be happy that a decoy was used.

Just curious WHY! If you are afraid that you are hurting the population...forget it . Man has been trying to control coyotes since early 1900s maybe even b/4 and there are more than ever. They are surviors and your not going hurt their numbers. Some landowners I hunt on would stop me from hunting them if I passed on one just because it was a lady yote...they want them dead...period!

Mule deer

is that a blow up dog???? that's the funniest thing I have seen in a while.........

MRUTVOL

Hey Redblood a trick that I have had work numerous times when I have mutiple yotes come in is when I shoot one and the others bolt is to yelp or bark repeatedly. You may already do this but more times than not I have had them stop for just a few seconds to check out the noise to see if their buddy may be doing it. It is only probably less than 5 seconds but if your hunting with a partner he can get on him while you try to stop the yote. Seems to work better in breeding season with couples and in fall when family groups are together. Of course some could care less and keep running into the next county! Of course there is another method that works good but you may be a little to soft hearted for it ;) and that is the flanking shot method causing the yote to howl and holler making the others sometimes stop and even come back to the yote.

Latest posts