Another dead doe

backyardtndeer

Walked about a mile and a half this morning looking for sheds. No luck with sheds, but did find a fresh dead young doe along the old flooded river channel. Kinda weird, only about 80-90 yards as a crow flies from the one I found at the end of January. Again right at the waters edge. Pulled my cams out already, but we didn't have any sickly looking does on trail cams or that we saw.
20220324_094307_HDR.jpg

backyardtndeer

Predation I bet, got coyotes in the area?
Yes. That is what I was thinking. I haven't run any traps this year and haven't gotten out hunting them like I would have liked to.
Are you in a CWD area?
Yes, last I checked the closest confirmed positive was over 10 miles away. I saw several does throughout the season and none looked sickly. Cwd did cross my mind, but would surprise me, looked like a young doe, which from all I have read would make it unlikely.

DoubleRidge

backyardtndeer.... Similar experience in our area....trail cam pics from multiple cameras show healthy looking deer....wintered well....and we are not in the CWD zone.....but this spring I have found two young dead deer....one spike....one button head ...no explainable reason?....but deer can die from a wide variety of reasons or illnesses...hate it....but nature can be tough.

Latest posts