Another Boot Question

shaggy

So I have read every boot post on this site as well as others on the web and I'm still confused. I have had a pair of rubber Lacrosse 1200 grams for I think 16 years now(about 6 years ago a stray dog got ahold of one of them and ate half of it but I've still been wearing them). Is it possible that the thinsulate is worn out? I have always worn the thin polyester sock with a nice wool sock, but my feet will still get cold if the temp is under 25 or so. I have read that neoprene will make your feet sweet worse than thinsulate but everyone loves their Mucks. I will only be walking in no more than 500 yards and will be sitting on stand for 4-5 hours at a time. Really not looking to get boot covers or have to carry in warmers either. Looking for a good boot, that works, without having to spend extra $, and carry, extra stuff into the woods.

PS. For those of you that love Mucks and travel thru Fayette County you can get them about $50 cheaper than Bass Pro at Somerville Farm Supply in Somerville.

shaggy

Great, thanks. I'll look into my socks first before I purchase new boots. My wool socks are old as well so I'm not exactly sure what they are. I seen some recommendations on here earlier so I'll look into that. Thanks again!!!

Gravey

I wear muck woody Max with smartwool socks and do pretty good down to about 25-30. My feet sweat bad and so far this is the best combo I've tried. My brother in law just ordered the muck Arctic Pro from gator-n-buck to take to Michigan next week. Its supposed to be the warmest muck boot made.

DaveB

Not to alarm anyone.
I have suffered from cold feet for quite awhile. Recently I had stents inserted because two arteries were blocked or nearly so.

Now, my feet are not cold. I was staring at my feet this AM when my brain suggested that maybe better circulation should be considered.

I really do not know and wish I did. It would be kind of an early warning system could help some guys maybe.