Ames plantation?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Got a buddy that is thinking he is going to join next year.
Is there a waiting list ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADR

RUGER":3aietfts said:
Got a buddy that is thinking he is going to join next year.
Is there a waiting list ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There might be if they find out that he is a friend of yours. Sorry, had to

Andy S.

Last I checked about a week ago, they had openings for the Deer Club (squirrel hunting allowed before archery season opens).

Contact Beth at 901-878-1067 during normal weekday business hours and she will take care of you.

fairchaser

Tell your friend to call me or Andy or Mike if he needs any information about Ames. We'd be happy to help him out. There hasn't been a waiting list in several years for the deer club. The turkey club is a whole different deal.

fairchaser

Roost 1":31ket1ou said:
I wonder how the CWD has affected Ames membership?

CWD has affected our numbers for sure. We are down about 20 members from last year. Personally, I hate to see some members go but I'm looking forward to having less hunting pressure and more opportunities. If you have been thinking about joining, this would be the year to come.

SEC

I scrolled through the Ames trophy room last nite. I would assume that cwd has been there for several years now even though it just discovered last year. That being said looks like there's still mature bucks to hunt. The 18/19 kills seem to be down maybe that was a fluke and they will come back up this year.

fairchaser

SEC":2xfxrwci said:
I scrolled through the Ames trophy room last nite. I would assume that cwd has been there for several years now even though it just discovered last year. That being said looks like there's still mature bucks to hunt. The 18/19 kills seem to be down maybe that was a fluke and they will come back up this year.

I agree that we've had CWD for several years. The mature buck kill is down because of it. As you said, there will be mature bucks to hunt! You may even see the number killed increase due to the minimum score being lowered to 120 from 125. The real question is where it will level off and if it will level off. Since we are testing every deer this year, we should have a pretty good idea what our prevalence rate is going forward.

bowhunt25

fairchaser":lmr3mf1u said:
SEC":lmr3mf1u said:

I agree that we've had CWD for several years. The mature buck kill is down because of it. As you said, there will be mature bucks to hunt! You may even see the number killed increase due to the minimum score being lowered to 120 from 125. The real question is where it will level off and if it will level off. Since we are testing every deer this year, we should have a pretty good idea what our prevalence rate is going forward.

FC
Have you guys at Ames been seeing a good herd so far ?

fairchaser

I've been out several times and I have seen deer on every trip. No dead deer! And, been getting good action on my cameras. Looks to be business as usual. No giants yet but some decent bucks nonetheless.

Latest posts