Ames Plantation Hunters

easy45

I know it's blurry but I can tell its nobody I've met but he is coming from the Ames line, if you know him tell him to check his map closer, I will not be nice opening weekend if somebody comes off 14,000 acres to come on our 400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide88

Tennessee Lead":1e8kmub9 said:
I'd put out land mines [emoji6]

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Probably lose a deer before the hunter though lol. Would make for an interesting trail cam shot though.

fairchaser

We don't get the new maps until this weekend at the banquet. There are a number of newbies who may not have a map unless they have access to last years map. Hopefully your property lines are well identified. Sorry on behalf of the lost hunter.

Ril0

Beth sent out some PDFs of the crop maps so hopefully folks are using those as they do have the property boundaries. I've drew up the boundaries in google earth format as well for when I'm using the iPhone gps.

Agree though, apologies on behalf of the lost hunter. Don't recognize him but it's only my second year so I haven't met everyone. Hopefully it was an honest mistake and won't be repeated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Belt

I'm not defending the guy but at the same time in his defense, the boundaries aren't marked well at all. You just kind of have to feel your way when you're hunting any where near them. That said, that place looks familiar.

Andy S.

I'm pretty certain I know who this is because I picked up a similar looking hunter carrying a machete on one of my trail cams. When I asked the guy about it, he told me it was indeed him. I will relay the message. If it is who I think it is, you will not have any more problems as he is a stand up guy. Thanks for making us aware. Ames management is aware of this as well.

easy45

Round 60 or 70 yards, it just worried me that he is headed deeper on us and carrying a machete makes me think he was clearing lanes for a stand, I just don't want to be sitting in a stand opening weekend and see another guy in one on us, I have no doubt he was just lost, basically the line in there is pine trees, I just hope he didn't put a stand on us

Andy S.

I spoke to the hunter in your picture just now and he had been deep on Ames scouting, was headed out to his truck, and while he knew the line was close, he had no idea he was off of Ames . He did not clear any lanes on you and he did not hang a stand anywhere. He apologized, made a mental note and will not be back on you.

easy45

I appreciate it Andy and like I said, nothing against him either, everybody makes mistakes

bowhunt25

Regardless of a standup guy or not, isn't the guy with the camera on private land hunting the line as well. I think some people have missed the thought of, who's really hunting the line of a 14,000 acre club .

Not sure which one is to be more at blame

Rockhound

bowhunt25":unbbj22k said:
Regardless of a standup guy or not, isn't the guy with the camera on private land hunting the line as well. I think some people have missed the thought of, who's really hunting the line of a 14,000 acre club .

There's a little difference in hunting the line and crossing the line. Nothing you can do to a line hunter as long as they don't cross it

pass-thru

bowhunt25":6sed5oc3 said:

Is this meant to be a joke?

Latest posts