Almost time!

megalomaniac

Stopped by to pick up some chicken feed at my local feed and seed store, pallet of this stuff outside the front door. You know it's almost time when the seed is running low.

Just for kicks, I asked the clerk what's the milo for. She wasn't sure, something about food plots for turkeys is all she could remember.

It's amazing we have any birds left after the cornpile hunters kill their limit the first week of season.

Heck even on my lease, I stumbled on the remnants of a 50lb sack (about 5lbs left on the ground). Hard to miss as it looked like a tornado came thru the woods where it was. I made sure their cell camera got a pic of me looking at the bait, then waving at their camera. Didn't see a popup blind on the area, but my plan is to wait and see which member signs in to that area first then have a conversation with them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220314-172613_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220314-172613_Gallery.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 48

huvrman

Stopped by to pick up some chicken feed at my local feed and seed store, pallet of this stuff outside the front door. You know it's almost time when the seed is running low.

Just for kicks, I asked the clerk what's the milo for. She wasn't sure, something about food plots for turkeys is all she could remember.

It's amazing we have any birds left after the cornpile hunters kill their limit the first week of season.

Heck even on my lease, I stumbled on the remnants of a 50lb sack (about 5lbs left on the ground). Hard to miss as it looked like a tornado came thru the woods where it was. I made sure their cell camera got a pic of me looking at the bait, then waving at their camera. Didn't see a popup blind on the area, but my plan is to wait and see which member signs in to that area first then have a conversation with them.
Are you guys all in the lease together? Sounds like you need some club rules... with removal from the lease if game laws are violated.

megalomaniac

Are you guys all in the lease together? Sounds like you need some club rules... with removal from the lease if game laws are violated.
18 members on 2000 acres. All MS game laws apply. Problem is, the manager of the club (who hardly ever hunts himself) hates dealing with drama. If you stir the pot and complain, you are not likely to get invited to re-up as a member the following year. Stuff like this needs to be handled between individuals without drama.

There is a chance whichever other member did this has no intention of hunting over the bait and is just using the area as a camera census spot for turkeys (still illegal in MS) and figured all the bait would be gone by season opening (which it isnt). When I find out who it is (never had a problem in the past, but we have 2 new young mid 20s turkey hunting members this season, so I suspect it's one or both of them), I think I can get my point across to them to stop without causing public drama within the club as a whole.

Latest posts