Almost a double

DoubleRidge

We had a double in the bag but my buddy's gun went "click" dented primer but not deep enough. Heard several early on roost but never could get it done in the morning. But midday it all came together. 1" spurs. 9" beard. Blessed to hunt such a beautiful morning for these beautiful birds.

Attachments

• 3231~2.jpeg
    3231~2.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 3233~2.jpeg
    3233~2.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 76

Atchman2

Nice bird! Misfires suck. I can't imagine how bad I would have flinched with those heavy turkey loads while I was expecting the recoil. I do have to say that adrenaline makes me ignore recoil.

Still I'm glad you had a great day. Did you have to move after him, or did you stay put?

DoubleRidge

Still I'm glad you had a great day. Did you have to move after him, or did you stay put?
That morning we heard several gobbling on roost. Set up twice early and couldn't get it done. Midday we were headed back to truck and decided to check one more spot. We actually saw the two longbeards and three jakes 300 yards off on powerline...(binos)...so we were able to get within 250 yards, set up, call and the two longbeards gobbled head off all the way to us...everything...except my buddy's guns misfire...worked perfect...great hunt.

Atchman2

That morning we heard several gobbling on roost. Set up twice early and couldn't get it done. Midday we were headed back to truck and decided to check one more spot. We actually saw the two longbeards and three jakes 300 yards off on powerline...(binos)...so we were able to get within 250 yards, set up, call and the two longbeards gobbled head off all the way to us...everything...except my buddy's guns misfire...worked perfect...great hunt.
That is cool. I love to hear how people get their birds.

Latest posts