Alabama fires their baseball coach

Bamamonts

I hate to hear this. Bama isn't great at baseball but I think he has recruited pretty good.
It seems like they have some strong evidence. If he's guilty I'm glad they got rid of him. Hopefully the next guy can get Bama rolling.

TNTreeman

toilet GIF

It's happening.

PalsPal

This story doesn't make sense.

First, is college baseball really something that one could bet every game? Who sets the line?

Second, the score of this game makes it hard to see where they could've cheated. Did the last batters all look at strikes without swinging to keep from completing the comeback?

volboy

This story doesn't make sense.

First, is college baseball really something that one could bet every game? Who sets the line?

Second, the score of this game makes it hard to see where they could've cheated. Did the last batters all look at strikes without swinging to keep from completing the comeback?
I thought the same as I don't know all the intricacies of gambling. But this article explains it some.
I heard an oddsmaker on radio yesterday saying the college baseball gambling is very low until world series. He said the bets were made just prior to the game in large amount in Cincinnati and based on reports there is some type,of surveillance that shows the bettor was communicating with the Alabama coach just prior as well. And the coach scratched the starting pitcher just prior to game time.

Bamamonts

He will probably not have another job coaching above high school level

The article said Byrne said none of the players were involved. I hope that's true. Im glad Byrne acted fast in firing him.
I hope Rob Vaughn will be a good coach. He was good at Maryland but the competition is tougher in the SEC. I liked the job Jason Jackson did as interim coach and I'm glad he's staying on the staff.

Latest posts