Ahh Dicks!!

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I have to wonder if, compared to most other sports retailers, their locations are concentrated in areas where shoplifting isn't prosecuted. Or, if it's an actual company policy that is contributing, like not allowing employees to call the police on shoplifters.

ImThere

I have to wonder if, compared to most other sports retailers, their locations are concentrated in areas where shoplifting isn't prosecuted. Or, if it's an actual company policy that is contributing, like not allowing employees to call the police on shoplifters.
I think it's actual hunters/ shooters and other 2A supporters not shopping there. When they pulled their BS we stopped shopping there that included all hunting and fishing supplies, all kids sports. We have 8 plus 7 grandchildren. No shoes no golf clubs. Yeah I think there's a bunch like me.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
From the article:
Richard's Sporting Goods Inc. shares crashed Tuesday in premarket trading in New York after the largest sporting goods retailer cut its full-year profit forecast due to rampant thefts at stores nationwide.

...While we posted another double-digit EBT margin, our Q2 profitability was short of our expectations due in large part to the impact of elevated inventory shrink, an increasingly serious issue impacting many retailers.

Last edited:

useyourbow

I think it's actual hunters/ shooters and other 2A supporters not shopping there. When they pulled their BS we stopped shopping there that included all hunting and fishing supplies, all kids sports. We have 8 plus 7 grandchildren. No shoes no golf clubs. Yeah I think there's a bunch like me.
This plus shop lifting. Shop lifters, criminals in general usually shy away from stores that have concealed carriers walking around in them.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled

That was 5 years ago, when hunters took their toll on them—as far as I know, there's no more of them to lose from quarter to quarter. This seems to be a new wave of losses.

m r too ducks

Yeah I messed that up. Kinda like dicks! 😂😂😂😂
OIP (1).jpeg

yesmarwh

2-Step Enabled
I managed a Payless drug store. You could match your yearly income in bonus very easily if your shrink was below 3% and your gross was above 23%. But rite aid bought out the company and the bonus dropped to 1000 a quarter if your shrink was below 3%. But after every inventory you would be below your 3%, and two weeks later the company would come back and say the shrink was really 5%. No bonus.. After a year of the same yugo happening they lost me and a lot of other good managers. Two years later the CEO was sent to jail for fixing the books.

Latest posts