Age Request - Update - New photos

Hunter 257W

This isn't the best angle but is the best I've got of this buck. I'm interested in what you fellas say about age on this one. I've never seen a buck with a neck this thick this early on my farm with nearly 15 years of trail camera pictures. I've just reviewed the Buck aging guide that BSK left us and have my opinion but I'm not going to bias anybody before I hear from the group.

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 406

Hunter 257W

I hope he will come back by for a better broadside shot soon. And to think I had sworn to not shoot a buck this year. :) I don't know if I could resist him or not.

Hunter 257W

Got 2 new videos of this buck when i checked my camera today for the 1st time in a while. Unfortunately since i had it on video mode with highest quality, the memory card filled up on Oct 3 so nothing newer than that. I think I finally have an older buck using my farm. :) It's about danged time. Of course since the camera filled up on Oct 3rd, the may have range shifted by now. I'll know next week when I check the camera again on the muzzle loader Opener.

Attachments

• Heavy Buck  002.GIF
    Heavy Buck 002.GIF
    199.8 KB · Views: 181
  • Heavy Buck  003.GIF
    Heavy Buck 003.GIF
    197.1 KB · Views: 156

Snake

Got 2 new videos of this buck when i checked my camera today for the 1st time in a while. Unfortunately since i had it on video mode with highest quality, the memory card filled up on Oct 3 so nothing newer than that. I think I finally have an older buck using my farm. :) It's about danged time. Of course since the camera filled up on Oct 3rd, the may have range shifted by now. I'll know next week when I check the camera again on the muzzle loader Opener.
Most likely older than my original guess by at least a year 5.5 +

Hunter 257W

I agree that there is a distinct possibility he may be 5 comparing it to the BSK photos. I think his short tined rack has spared him over the years and gotten him to this ripe old age. The land is so open around my farm that it's practically impossible for a buck to live this long unless it has less than desirable rack. With it being a predominantly row crop area, it's at least 80% open fields in the area and lots of hunters.

I had said that I didn't intend to shoot a buck this year but I don't know what I'll do if I see this one. He would sure put a lot of meat in the freezer and be a thrill to hunt such a large animal. Also likely to save taxidermy money since I'd be less likely to get a shoulder mount. We shall see what happens IF I even see him. Makes it more exciting either way just knowing there is the possibility.

cbhunter

I agree that there is a distinct possibility he may be 5 comparing it to the BSK photos. I think his short tined rack has spared him over the years and gotten him to this ripe old age. The land is so open around my farm that it's practically impossible for a buck to live this long unless it has less than desirable rack. With it being a predominantly row crop area, it's at least 80% open fields in the area and lots of hunters.

I had said that I didn't intend to shoot a buck this year but I don't know what I'll do if I see this one. He would sure put a lot of meat in the freezer and be a thrill to hunt such a large animal. Also likely to save taxidermy money since I'd be less likely to get a shoulder mount. We shall see what happens IF I even see him. Makes it more exciting either way just knowing there is the possibility.
Would be quite the accomplishment to put that deer on the ground! Them chances don't come very often

Latest posts