Affordable Binos!

Reddirt24

I'm currently looking for a decent pair of binoculars that are around $100. I understand that you get what you pay for but can't afford a top of the line pair right now. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

go_okfishin

Yea I got a pair of $99 Yosemite Leupolds at Academy Sports the guy behind the counter suggested them. Great pair of binoculars.

Reddirt24

Well ended up finding me some guys. Went to basspro a couple weekends ago an bought me some Red Head Pursuit Binos 10x42.. got um for $100

BIGORANGE

Check out Vortex Optics. Waterproof, Fogproof, Lifetime warranty. I have a pair of 8x32's that I am well pleased with. I bought for $89.99 Lots of 3d archers using them. They have a great warranty. I sent mine back for repair after breaking them (completely my fault) had them back, repaired in one week. :cool:

jakeway

I also recommend the Yosemites. I have the 6X30 and they're GREAT for closer range stuff like bow hunting, and when blood trailing bad shots. Take a step, scan everything, take a step, etc. The lower magnification of the 6 power combined with the 30 mm objective increases the brightness compared to the 8 power, and the brightness of the glass makes it so you see just as well. The field of view is larger with the 6 and it's brighter at last light.

The main thing I like about these is the weight. They weigh only slightly more than the cheap little "compact" glasses, but much less than an 8X42. Often before I'd leave binocs at home if it was hot and/or I had to carry my treestand, but now I almost always take my Yosemites, even when rifle hunting.

I got mine on eBay for $75.

Latest posts