AEDC help

spur_logic843

Starting off I've read a bunch of threads on this and I map scouted a good bit. I don't need your spots I just would like to ask for any input or tips you guys might have. I've only ever deer hunted this land on a draw and didn't get to explore it all that much. Anything y'all can help me with would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

timberjack86

Lots of hens, be there midmorning when the hens leave to nest and hope a tom gets lonely. Takes a lot of luck to find a lonely tom with so many hens. Used to hunt it all the time when I lived nearby. Last year I hunted hunting pressure was so bad it was almost dangerous.

spur_logic843

Thanks for your replies guys. I got in here this morning around 930 (thinking along those same lines) and put boots on the ground immediately. Saw one lone hen scratching and cruising aimlessly. I've walked a bunch of miles today, still hunting now, and have yet to lay eyes or ears on a gobbler. I'm here till Friday so hoping things get better.

ImThere

Along the lake. I can count on them roosting along the lake. But you will have to get between them and where they are headed to have a chance at them until mid morning/ noonish. Then it may open up a little for you. IMHO.

spur_logic843

Along the lake. I can count on them roosting along the lake. But you will have to get between them and where they are headed to have a chance at them until mid morning/ noonish. Then it may open up a little for you. IMHO.
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to check that area out but unsure if I should concentrate on the bigger blocks along there or the little skinnier strips on the outskirts of the lake/private fields. Will update. Thanks again.

spur_logic843

I've always heard the hunting pressure is real high, I definitely wouldn't give any info on "good" spots on a public forum.
Thanks, I'm not looking for specifics or spots at all. Just general info anyone might have. You're correct about the pressure. It's nuts out here. Even mid week.

Latest posts