Accupoint vs SHV vs VX5HD

Redfox

I have been studying a new scope and thought I would ask the groups opinion. I am currently running VX5HDs(3-15) and have no complaints and they have functioned well, but thought I might try something new. I have narrowed the field to the accupoint (4-24 or 5-20), SHV (5-20), or possibly another VX5HD(4-20). I haven't been able to compare these side x side but I'm unsure of the glass quality of the non-leupolds. Opinions and other recommendations are welcome.

New scope requirements:
30mm+ main tube
Exposed elevation/capped windage
44mm+ objective
Duplex reticle (caint handle a busy scope)
Zero stop
No need for illumination
True tracking and return to zero ability

Redfox

The credo is a little weaker on power than I'd like. The tenmile is what got me interested in them to start with, but I'm not crazy about the reticles

fairchaser

The high end Vortex scopes have better glass than Leupold IMO. Also Nighforce is very good! Try the Vortex HST 6-24x50.

Redfox

I love vortex binos but just can't make myself like the scopes. I have several and am only moderately satisfied with the higher end

UTGrad

Zeiss Conquest V4 scopes are very nice, but I prefer the VX5HDs.

I appreciate and understand the desire to try something new, but it's hard to beat the glass and weight of the VX5HDs. I've compared the Leupold HD glass to the Schott glass in my $2K Zeiss Conquest V6s and there is virtually no appreciable difference.

PillsburyDoughboy

Zeiss Conquest V4 scopes are very nice, but I prefer the VX5HDs.

I appreciate and understand the desire to try something new, but it's hard to beat the glass and weight of the VX5HDs. I've compared the Leupold HD glass to the Schott glass in my $2K Zeiss Conquest V6s and there is virtually no appreciable difference.
I've owned both Zeiss and Leupold side by side in comparable seasons and I gotta say usually Zeiss usually has a slight edge in clarity and light transmission at dusk and dawn over Leupold but only by a fraction. .

With that said I could usually find Zeiss on closeout and bought those sometimes and it came down to that. Other times not.

I'm a huge Leupold fan. If you frisk me imma gonna shake out more Leupold than anything. I just think Leupold for sake of Leupold Warranty and no hassles is worth the few extra $$ you spend and their glass is just that great. The resale is fantastic too.

I make out pretty good on used Zeiss so all is good there. It comes close to a rental program IMHO .

Latest posts