a little afternoon bank beating

WTM

i hadnt gotten the boat out since january since this stinking arthritus is keeping me from trying to be on a boat for a month so monday and today i took a 2 minute ride to the banks. same as monday wind was white capping most of the lake except one spot with some tree tops and log. i was casting 1/8 oz road runner with a green 2" creme minnow with blue sparkle.

caught about 10 monday but today was better with about 20 or so in 30 minutes(that magic time in the evening when the sun goes down but not yet dark and they hit anything that moves. caught several 9.5 in fish and both days the TARP keeps alluding me. caught a couple 12.5 and 13.5 and one 13.75 spec so close to 14" but no cigar.

anyhoo, on KY lake it looks like the male black and white crappie have moved up shallow and are just starting to fan beds, i couldnt milt any of the larger fish and did not catch any females so the next couple of weeks after this cold fromt should be prime. i only keep a half dozen or so since my wife wont eat them anymore and released the rest, i dont have any luck freezing them without them falling apart when i cook them so i just filet and fry fresh.

IMG_0392_zps4ee79giw.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

cbhunter

We fished all over Birdsong on Sunday and yes, the fish were still scattered. We caught some in 4 ft of water and caught some in 20 ft of water, and basically everywhere in between. We did catch some that you could tell had started fanning.

WTM

cbhunter":3hk1zy3e said:
We fished all over Birdsong on Sunday and yes, the fish were still scattered. We caught some in 4 ft of water and caught some in 20 ft of water, and basically everywhere in between. We did catch some that you could tell had started fanning.

yeah makes sense. have you tried any further south, eagle creek, cuba or the refuge? heard some catching limits at cuba but they are scattered about the same.

bluball

I did pretty good last weekend 8-12 fow :)

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

cbhunter

WTM":2dmze84f said:
cbhunter":2dmze84f said:

yeah makes sense. have you tried any further south, eagle creek, cuba or the refuge? heard some catching limits at cuba but they are scattered about the same.

I have not, my buddy that I fish with fished the tie yard the first day it opened and caught a few but not enough to make him wanna go back. Of course that was several weeks ago now. We spoke to the biologist on the water sunday and he said his buddy caught a limit at birdsong Saturday morning in a little of no time. We was 4 fish short of a 2 man limit but we fished from daybreak until almost 6 o clock that evening.

Latest posts