a few nice finds! pic heavy!

mathews338

here's a few heads I have found through the years. I never hunted for them but while working in the tobacco and corn fields as a kid I would always find some.
mms_picture_zps03bcba56.jpg
[/img]
mms_picture_zpsb0bafdcc.jpg
[/img]
mms_picture_zps7041044a.jpg
[/img]
mms_picture_zpsb8b77b5f.jpg
[/img]
mms_picture_zps7ebe704c.jpg
[/img]
mms_picture_zps956a0f91.jpg
[/img]
mms_picture_zpscc578826.jpg
[/img]
these are just a few of my favorites that I thought I would share with you guys. all where found in the river bottoms where I grew up.

geezer

Very nice, I see a broad range of time periods there. One looks like an exhausted dovetail or something and looks like a Jacks reef and an Adena in there as well. Congrats man! Iworked in tobacco back waaaaayyyyy before I started hunting rocks and there is no telling how much stuff I walked over. Seemed like all the fields I remebered working where in the primo river basins around here. Oh well, ya win some and lose some!!! Thanks for sharing

mathews338

geezer said:
Very nice, I see a broad range of time periods there. One looks like an exhausted dovetail or something and looks like a Jacks reef and an Adena in there as well. Congrats man! Iworked in tobacco back waaaaayyyyy before I started hunting rocks and there is no telling how much stuff I walked over. Seemed like all the fields I remebered working where in the primo river basins around here. Oh well, ya win some and lose some!!! Thanks for sharing
thanks! I know nothing about them or what they are called. can someone point out which is which? what are they called?

Latest posts