A.E.D.C.

rmmonty32

I just got here fingers crossed for in the morning. Seen somebody had a buck on the tripod when u first pull in to the campground.

Walker817

Got a couple of buddies over there. Haven't heard anything from them. They either haven't seen anything or they are wandering helplessly in woods lost. Would not be the first time. Or the second.......

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
I do most of my hunting within 25 miles of AEDC. The last couple of days there has been movement until 8 and then again about last 45 minutes of hunting light.
That said I am in the AEDC woods today in area 1 and gave zero shots and seen no movement. I am close to the Tullahoma-Manchester HWY so traffic sounds may have drowned out some shots. I gave hunted this area when it is open since 1993 and things are very slow.

rmmonty32

I sat two places that had decent sign this morning and evening and no deer seen at all. I wasnt expecting alot being my first time hunting there but did at least expect to see deer. Being from east tn foothills maybe i just dont know how to find flat land deer?

catman529

I sat two places that had decent sign this morning and evening and no deer seen at all. I wasnt expecting alot being my first time hunting there but did at least expect to see deer. Being from east tn foothills maybe i just dont know how to find flat land deer?
Flat land deer are a lot more unpredictable because they don't have steep terrain to funnel their movement. You will still find funnels but it's generally tougher to pinpoint deer movement on in flat woods

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
Flat land deer are a lot more unpredictable because they don't have steep terrain to funnel their movement. You will still find funnels but it's generally tougher to pinpoint deer movement on in flat woods
I agree. Especially at places like AEDC with tons of hard woods and thickets.

ImThere

Spent the day there.
a buck watched me climb a tree early morning (grey light) once I sat in my saddle and started pulling my shotgun up a doe stood up and they both ran off. I guess they were 50-60 yards away.
It was one of those is that a deer or a branch right up to the point the doe stood. Lol.
never seen another deer. I must have walked 15 miles looking for good sign. Didn't see much. A lot of trucks/ hunters this hunt. Heard 5 shots. All day

Rammer Jammer

I do most of my hunting within 25 miles of AEDC. The last couple of days there has been movement until 8 and then again about last 45 minutes of hunting light.
That said I am in the AEDC woods today in area 1 and gave zero shots and seen no movement. I am close to the Tullahoma-Manchester HWY so traffic sounds may have drowned out some shots. I gave hunted this area when it is open since 1993 and things are very slow.
Was your truck the Ford or Chevy? I saw the trucks parked by the woods on my way to wal mart to get pellets for my pit boss.

rmmonty32

I hunted pine edges and found good rubs and a scrape. My first time hunting it. I think one would have to spend some serious time out there to figure it out.

Headhunter

I hunted Friday evening. Saw a ton of deer, killed a nice doe. Should have a killed a buck, saw 3 small bucks, but decided not to shoot one since I didn't want to drag a second deer out.

I love that place, I never scout, when I get drawn, I go hunt and almost always kill a deer if not 2 on the gun hunt there.