A Bad Day (gonna tell on myself)

gasman

Let's begin this story on Saturday night. I overindulged on the brown water while watching the UT game on TV. I did however hook my boat up to the truck before things got too bad.

Woke up Sunday morning with a pounding head but decided to go to the river anyway. Got to Pickwick dam and getting everything ready to back down the ramp when Sandy ask me "where are the boat keys?"

A few choice words later we decide to go back home and get the crappie poles and go to the local TWRA lake. Fished about 3 hrs and caught 6 keepers. I wasn't in the mood to get my filet knife, and everything out so got a spoon and knife and went to scaling fish. Man I can't believe I been fileting fish for so long. This was down right delishus. I will definitely do this more (minus the leaving boat keys at the house).

Attachments

• 71815530599__1A82BF71-F87F-40F2-BA1C-99DF047F73A2.jpeg
    71815530599__1A82BF71-F87F-40F2-BA1C-99DF047F73A2.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 191

7mm08

Next time drink a glass of water and take a multivitamin before you go to bed IF you haven't drank too too much.

Thank me later that you have no headache. The other crap I can't fix. I do have two extra Yamaha keys with me. One in the boat bag, one on my keychain with the truck key.

huvrman

Had to make a short notice trip to MS last week to attend a funeral. Figured I'd stay in my hunting cabin on my property there overnight, do the funeral the next day, then head home. It's a 6.5 hour drive. Started out and as my house disappeared in the rear view mirror, realized I'd packed everything except the gate and cabin keys. Phew! So glad I remembered then rather than 6 hours later...

AlexDad

My boat is garage kept so I never take my keys out, however I got up o'dark thirty one morning when the wife and kids were out of town and planned on an ALL day fishing day. It wasn't happening where I was so I decided to go home about 10ish, eat lunch and go somewhere else that evening. I never wash my boat but it has a white fiberglass bottom and when I got home it had some kind of greasy nastiness on it. Figured I'd better get it off.

I get out the power washer and remove everything from the inside of the boat that doesn't go in storage, including the keys. I was also going to leave it in the driveway to get lunch. Took longer than expected for lunch, in a rush and hooked up the boat and took off.

Drive an hour to another lake, launch and put TM down to ease out past the no wake buoys and then I get behind the wheel no keys. After driving an hour I figured I'd just troll close to the ramp. I'd basically removed all my tackle and what I had tied on to the rods in the locker was all I had. I also didn't have pliers, etc in case I needed them.

When it got dark there was a lamp pole shining on the water and it started boiling. So I fished until about 10:30PM. When it was time to leave it was a steep ramp and it took me forever to get out, put the TM on full blast and pull up at the last second to get as far up the trailer as possible.

My Dad always said you can't teach everybody but you sure can learn'em.

UCStandSitter

Let's begin this story on Saturday night. I overindulged on the brown water while watching the UT game on TV. I did however hook my boat up to the truck before things got too bad.

Woke up Sunday morning with a pounding head but decided to go to the river anyway. Got to Pickwick dam and getting everything ready to back down the ramp when Sandy ask me "where are the boat keys?"

A few choice words later we decide to go back home and get the crappie poles and go to the local TWRA lake. Fished about 3 hrs and caught 6 keepers. I wasn't in the mood to get my filet knife, and everything out so got a spoon and knife and went to scaling fish. Man I can't believe I been fileting fish for so long. This was down right delishus. I will definitely do this more (minus the leaving boat keys at the house).
Been there. Got to the point where I just always left the boat keys in the boat after a couple trips leaving em behind.

rsimms

I can top that... back in 2006 I headed out on my VERY FIRST GUIDE TRIP OF MY LIFE!

I picked my client up (which I don't do often anymore), and we drove an hour to the Hiwassee River to crappie fish. I backed the boat down and immediately realized - NO BOAT KEYS!

It is a Sunday morning and I pray my wife hasn't left for church yet. Thankfully for me (not God), she hadn't. She begrudgingly agreed to start driving my way while I drove hers, to meet in the middle.

I honestly can't remember if we caught fish or not. I only remember my level of embarrassment when I had to tell him I had no boat keys! :rolleyes:

I won't detail how publicly, but to this VERY day I have taken precautions so that could NEVER happen again!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I can top that... back in 2006 I headed out on my VERY FIRST GUIDE TRIP OF MY LIFE!

I picked my client up (which I don't do often anymore), and we drove an hour to the Hiwassee River to crappie fish. I backed the boat down and immediately realized - NO BOAT KEYS!

It is a Sunday morning and I pray my wife hasn't left for church yet. Thankfully for me (not God), she hadn't. She begrudgingly agreed to start driving my way while I drove hers, to meet in the middle.

I honestly can't remember if we caught fish or not. I only remember my level of embarrassment when I had to tell him I had no boat keys! :rolleyes:

I won't detail how publicly, but to this VERY day I have taken precautions so that could NEVER happen again!
I would say you overcame just fine. 😂

Latest posts