79 F100 39k original miles

Uncle Bubba

As they should. I'd never let that out of my family
I can't tell you how many people have stopped and told me that their dad had a similar truck when they were growing up that he later sold and ended up regretting it the rest of his life!

My dad also still has his 1976 Ford F-100 sitting in our barn that I plan on pulling out soon and working on it with my son. He's 13 and is wanting it to be his first truck to drive. 👍

gary66

As they should. I'd never let that out of my family
as someone who drove them and a memory that hasn't faded... much... these trucks are like dogs, don't mind a visit, but I have no desire to own and take care of one again.

Just for starters, if you want 4x4 you ain't doing it from the comfort of the cab and when you need it you really don't want to leave the cab... manually locking hubs... means you have to get out and go to each wheel and hopefully turn the knob locking the hubs that were encased in whatever caused you to need to lock the hubs. lol

Decades of driving them old trucks because I couldn't afford a newer one. I look at older cars and trucks, they bring back memories of different days. I'd buy one again if they produced a time travel, but they don't, just a lot of work keeping them going. No one ever thought you could go 100,000 miles on a set of plugs back then and I started when points were a thing. Meant a tune up every 6 months and it wasn't something you could put off.

Love seeing it...that's about it.

Latest posts