• Help Support TNDeer:

7-08

Congrats!! 7-08 is a good choice and I am sure that the Ruger will be a fine rifle for ya. IMO when buying a Ruger you get a lot for the money.

DCA-report back on that purchase would ya? The American line is available and I am wondering about accuracy, fit, finish, all the routine stuff.

Looking at the avalible ammo at basspro i wouldnt have 1,2 brands & both were same grain,like a varity of wieghts for different uses,reload options mean shat if you dont reload,factory choices mean chances to shoot without having to order ammo just my .02

mike243 said:
Looking at the avalible ammo at basspro i wouldnt have 1,2 brands & both were same grain,like a varity of wieghts for different uses,reload options mean shat if you dont reload,factory choices mean chances to shoot without having to order ammo just my .02

i wouldn't base my decision on ammo availability in today's market. if i buy another bolt gun, it will be a 7mm-08.

Thats not todays market looked over a year ago before this stupid stuff started.The varitey isnt there.post a thread that has real life data of it being on a shelf.

mike243 said:
Thats not todays market looked over a year ago before this stupid stuff started.The varitey isnt there.post a thread that has real life data of it being on a shelf.

the younger boy has been shooting one for 12 years. ammo has never been a problem.

Gandered into Gander about two weeks ago and picked up a box of Coreloks to fine tune my new scope some. There were three different manufacturers of 7mm08 available with about 3-4 boxes of each.

I have never not been able to find a box or two.

youth load

cci large rifle primers rem brass

120 nosler BT over 40 grains of re15 2725 fps 24"bbl

in a buddys 22"bbl i used 41 grains to get 2775 fps
motor oil is motor oil

on my load i seat .010 off making rifle a 2 shot rifle but i enjoy the accuracy

on buddies load it is seated to the standard col

at least 20 or so deer with this load no recoil and deadly i killed a nice 12 pointer with it 279 yds busted shoulders dropped in tracks dressed 168 lbs

i also have not dont this but have no doubt the results load it to max charge with 120 nbt i have killed 20 plus with my 280 and 120 nbt at 3295 fps great results not for sure off hand top speed fron an 08 but id guess 3000-3100 possible it would work

the 120 nbt is a great bullet in 284

this year i loaded 160 accubond over 39.7 imr4064 2590 fps

killed a yote and 5 deer with this load and my wife killed a doe with it as well 20 yds to 165 yds well it worked great

if i stray from 7mm 120 nbt it is usually an accoubond or partition never an issue with any of them

Back