6arc or 6.5g

mr.big

Has anybody actually used , shot and loaded for both ??
In a 20-22 inch AR with 100-103 gr bullets in 6 and 120-123 in 6.5 which would hold up better to about 400 yards in the real world.

Both would be hand loaded to maximize potential but not overloaded in the AR.

DaveB

Not me Mr. B. The semi-auto attraction just does not have a payback in my evaluations.

We have a semi 308, 6.8, and several 223's.

First, I want accuracy with just one bullet design and weight. I would settle for that.

2nd, FPS has to meet my expectations. I look real close at chamber pressure max for these rifles. When that number is 60,000 I back off. Why would I buy a rifle and have to download to stay within the SAAMI limit. I know there is a cushion there. I mean, I hope the cushion exists.

Jcalder

If I was going it over, I woulda went 6arc over the Grendel. I think the 103 and 108 have some bc advantage over the 123. Don't remember which had better velocity but the bc won pretty quick.

backyardtndeer

I built a 6 arc and have run some rounds through it, but I have more testing to do with it before I take my son hunting with it. From what hornady has to say about it and the reviews I have read, the arc will rival a .243. Dunno about that though as the velocities are not as high.

Have 95 grain berger vld, 100 grain interlock, and 103 grain eldx to test in it. So far have only run the interlocks through the gun, and only ran what I did to get the scope dialed in and check function.

mr.big

I built a 6 arc and have run some rounds through it, but I have more testing to do with it before I take my son hunting with it. From what hornady has to say about it and the reviews I have read, the arc will rival a .243. Dunno about that though as the velocities are not as high.

Have 95 grain berger vld, 100 grain interlock, and 103 grain eldx to test in it. So far have only run the interlocks through the gun, and only ran what I did to get the scope dialed in and check function.
With 100-103 class bullets I figure it'll be 30-350 fps slower than a 243.

BigDuhg

I have no experience with the ARC but from everything I read if you mainly want to target shoot the Arc is your choice.

The Grendel for me is the ultimate battle rifle. I build one with an 18" barrel and I can target shoot, hunt, clear rooms whatever needed.

PickettSFHunter

When I was deciding between those two, it came down to what I could find brass for. Couldn't find any for the 6ARC. You may be able to form some but I just prefer to not have to do that. Grendel brass took a long time to find as well.

backyardtndeer

When I was deciding between those two, it came down to what I could find brass for. Couldn't find any for the 6ARC. You may be able to form some but I just prefer to not have to do that. Grendel brass took a long time to find as well.
I formed my 6arc brass from 6.5 grendel. No issues there at all. For those needing 6.5 grendel brass, check starline as often as you can for backorder status. Once the brass is in backorder status, the site will let you order it, and they usually ship within days after that.

PickettSFHunter

I formed my 6arc brass from 6.5 grendel. No issues there at all. For those needing 6.5 grendel brass, check starline as often as you can for backorder status. Once the brass is in backorder status, the site will let you order it, and they usually ship within days after that.
That's how I got my grendel brass but it took months to get a back order option. I just don't understand forming, never looked it up. Maybe it's super easy and I just don't realize it 😂

Latest posts