6 Creedmoor

Remi

I shoot with a guy that has two and I just put a barrel on an action I have.

Very low recoil, very accurate, lots of good bullets, brass isn't a problem.

I don't think it's going away.

My rifle is heavy and one of my friends rifle is heavy. The other is a Ruger American Predator that is a nice hunting weight rifle.

Last edited:

Joe2Kool

Not sure what the big deal about the 6.5 Creedmore is. It's ballistically about the same as a 260 Remington. That being said, it appears it's gonna survive.

Oops. See you're asking about the 6, not the 6.5. Verdict still out on the 6 making it. It's gotta compete with the 243, which has a good following.

TNRifleman

I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon. The 6 CM and other 6mm variants are starting to dominate PRS shooting. It's got Hornady's backing which seems to mean a lot right now as they will market it and make ammo for it.

RUGER77MAN

I shoot with a guy that has two and I just put a barrel on an action I have.

Very low recoil, very accurate, lots of good bullets, brass isn't a problem.

I don't think it's going away.

My rifle is heavy and one of my friends rifle is heavy. The other is a Ruger American Predator that is a nice hunting weight rifle.
I was looking at something more geared toward hunting. Don't really want to tote a 15lb rifle around. Any downside for me is I don't reload so factory ammo only for me.

Remi

I was looking at something more geared toward hunting. Don't really want to tote a 15lb rifle around. Any downside for me is I don't reload so factory ammo only for me.

He's used the American for several years. He's hit 18" steel out to 1k and he's killed a pile of hogs with it. He uses the 108eldm for everything, I use the 105 hpbt match from my 243 for everything. Either of those bullets from factory ammo are great killers. I'm sure there are several other options but I've seen enough stuff die from those that's where I start and stop unless it's an 80gr Barnes ttsx, which is another favorite from my 243 win.

TN Song Dog

I think the 6mmCM is awesome for a lot of reasons stated above. Long/heavy high BC factory ammo with properly twisted factory rifles for high quality off-the-shelf LR capability with very little recoil. It's probably not going anywhere.

If I was only interested in hunting and at typical hunting distances, I'd probably stick with the .243. Lots of good and affordable ammo for whitetail, predator, varmint, etc.

I dont reload either, so i go to my preferred online ammo retailers and see how many in-stock offerings are available and at what price. I just looked at one website, and it was 16 vs 54. .243 wins both categories of availability and price. I could still make an argument for the 6CM even if just wanting to hunt. Wont go wrong with either for hunting.

Last edited:

Remi

I think the 6mmCM is awesome for a lot of reasons stated above. Long/heavy high BC factory ammo with properly twisted factory rifles for high quality off-the-shelf LR capability. It's probably not going anywhere.

If I was only interested in hunting and at typical hunting distances, I'd probably stick with the .243. Lots of good and affordable ammo for whitetail, predator, varmint, etc.

I dont reload either, so i go to my preferred online ammo retailers and see how many in-stock offerings are available and at what price. I just looked at one website, and it was 16 vs 54. .243 wins both categories of availability and price. I could still make an argument for the 6CM even if just wanting to hunt. Wont go wrong with either for hunting.

The old 243 is definitely a favorite. Tikka and Remington are both offering it in an 8 twist now which would help with the longer bullets if a person wanted to dabble.

nso123

I have one and it is crazy accurate. It is a Crown Ridge Barrel Works barrel on a Savage action. I am shooting 88gr Hammer Hunters at 3400fps with no pressure signs and I haven't even tried to get it faster.

hunter0925

I just picked mine up a few days ago and had some random loads loaded up to try. Worst was 3/4 inch and beat was .3. I think it's going to shoot once I actually do load development and am not shivering from the wind.

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_144220364.jpg
    IMG_20231230_144220364.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20231230_141517407_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231230_141517407_HDR.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts