5.56 Suppressor ??

mr.big

there is so much BS on the WWW about cans I can not sift through it all,,

any of yall in the know that could point me in the dirrection of a quality can that can be taken apart to clean and is rated for 5.56 from a 16 inch bbl would be great,,even though it would mainly be used on a 22LR.

with all the crap you have to do and the wait,I really would like to get it right the first time,

like I said mainly 22LR but I would want it to handle 5.56 from the 16 inch M4 and full house 69-75 gr loads from a 24 inch 223 varmint rifle,,
and yes I do have a subsonic 223 load,

help??

cecil30-30

Not to hijack but thanks for those link's paincave...Im like "the constitution" can..It would be pretty sweet to have on my AR15. I think I may reroute my next gun purchase money to a can purchase.

W C

A 5.56 can on a .22 will feel like a brick on the end of the barrel unless you pay big$$$ for an all titanium can. On the M4 you will get gas in the face (and it's very unpleasant, to me anyway) no matter what product you use to stop it. I have 2 dedicated cans for my .22s and Ops Inc 3rd Models for the bolt rifles. Several times I have considered getting one for my ARs but just can't make myself do it. YMMV

FWIW, The SWR Spectre would be hard to beat in a .22 although a Liberty Kodiak is VERY close. LOVE my Spectre but may have to have a Kodiak. Ops cans are a bit heavy and do not come apart but I wouldn't have any other in centerfire.

mr.big

the main thing I want is for 22 LR,I would just like the ability to use it on 223,,and then mainly in a bolt rifle,,

would you explain what happens when you shoot a suppressed AR,,

memfuzz

In the long run, you will be much better off with a can dedicated to the 22 lr, and a separate one for the centerfire. The 22 is nasty, and sprays molten lead inside itself, and you can clean it about every thousand rounds and keep it in good working order yourself with a take apart model. I would suggest a 30 caliber can for your centerfire, that way you get much more mileage from it. Liberty is good stuff, David has a fine reputation. There are several good ones out there. I have a Gemtech HVT that I shoot 308, 300 Whisper, and 223 through. I'm very happy with it. The gas issue on the AR, most of what goes out the barrel right behind the bullet is being retarded inside the suppressor while it cools. When the bolt opens, a good portion of it will flow backwards and exit the chamber. This is where you get gassed in the face. An adjustable gas block will let you minimize that.

Latest posts