4wd dont engage

danny1975

I got a 2020 Honda rubicon 520 EPS that I bought new last year and try to put in 4wd yesterday and it wouldn't engaged and stayed in 2wd. Trying to see if there's a quick fix before I take it back to the dealer

Remington700

My understanding is that these engage electronically. If you have been through water it could be damp and stopping it. Might be worth a check.

danny1975

Probably what I'm going to do to be on the safe side . . Only water it's been in when I got caught up in a storm yesterday checking cameras .

danny1975

If you do any work yourself, will it void the warranty? Maybe give it a couple days to dry out but if it persists, I would just take it back to dealer to be on safe side
That's what I'm worried about voided the warranty . Only used the 4wd 3 times since I had it . I know if I take it to the dealer , it be 3 weeks before they can look at it . I give it 3 and 4 days and see if it dry out first. Then I take it to them if it don't help

danny1975

Take it to them right now, you plan on just riding it on sunny days and no mud puddles? factory warranty use to be 6 months, if you have a warranty use it quickly and get it fixed properly.
Nearest appointment I could get the 22nd . There back up until then .

JCDEERMAN

If your having a problem with it being that new, I'd take it and make them fix it. If you found a way to "quick-fix" it, that likely will not stay fixed forever.