420 lbs high fence buck

easy45

You usually post some cool new stuff but that has been on here, I know at least last season, maybe before too, step it up poser, lol, j/k

dsa5455

I know there is the fish in the barrel analogy but it took this guy 11 days to kill this beast. Hardly a barrel shot.

TheRealSpurhunter

While this deer is old news, Its still an interesting pic/subject.

I have no desire to hunt a high fence deer operation, regardless of the size of the deer, but the question, "Would you hunt it if it was free" intrigued me. My answer is YES.

I have entertained clients with a fenced hog hunt before, the clients knew the gig, and these were wild hogs trapped and placed in the enclosure, but it was still fun to stalk wild pork for the freezer. FYI, since they are wild hogs, they run like the devil from you, I suspect most deer farms are the same?

Vermin93

TheRealSpurhunter said:
I have entertained clients with a fenced hog hunt before, the clients knew the gig, and these were wild hogs trapped and placed in the enclosure, but it was still fun to stalk wild pork for the freezer. FYI, since they are wild hogs, they run like the devil from you, I suspect most deer farms are the same?

Not the one I hunted. 200+" bucks were bedded down 20 yds in the woods in plain sight and watched us drive by on UTV's. We could have shot them all from the vehicle.

That said, not all high fence operations are the same. Some are a total joke. Others are much more "realistic".

doubledownranch

Vermin93 said:
TheRealSpurhunter said:

Not the one I hunted. 200+" bucks were bedded down 20 yds in the woods in plain sight and watched us drive by on UTV's. We could have shot them all from the vehicle.

That said, not all high fence operations are the same. Some are a total joke. Others are much more "realistic".

I've hunted at a place that had 23,000 acres high fenced and it was pretty "realistic" because that 36 square miles.

Latest posts