.350 legend?

Jmed

This is my first year on a new piece of ground I picked up in Ohio. Spent a few weeks last week up there with my bow in the snow and the place is a zoo. Had a great encounter with what would have been my biggest archery buck, but wasnt able to get a shot. They have recently just allowed "straight walled" cartridges up there, as well as several other states. I did my research and kept coming back to the .350 legend. The main reason was that I was attracted to the round was the low recoil, my daughters like to hunt. Due to the season being so short, I didnt want to spend much money, so I ended up ordering a mossberg bantam patriot rifle. I found a box of Federal Soft soft points in 180 grain at BPS, but wanted to check and see if any of you guys have any advice on ammo choice before I start buying a boxes of different weights. I want to try the 160 & 170 grain options. Any suggestions? Or, anyone have any advice or experiences with these cheap little guns? Thanks!

PickettSFHunter

There is a thread here somewhere with some info. I shoot the 150 grain Deer season XP out of a Bear Creek AR. Groups about an 1 inch at 100. I've killed a lot of hogs with it but no deer yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiny

Yes I started one a few days ago here n there is good info on it..

My Uncle recently picked up a Ruger Ranch in it. The issue had been finding ammo for it. Find a box or Power Points N the Target loads..He said the target load sucked. but the Power Points were good . Good for him is bug holes. However this was at 50yards

Myself Federal shows a Fushion Load n Winchester shows a Power Max Bonded Midway had em up but not in stock last I checked. Those 2 are of interest to me as is the Deer Season Found 2 boxes them today.
Hornady has an FTX n Interlock.. seen the.

Point you like him might have to settle for what you can find instock.. n play later..

Good Luck n Hope you like it..

I believe its gonna be around awhile n maybe get all the gun writers off the Crudmore no offense good round just tired of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jmed

So I picked up my Mossberg patriot bantam in .350 legend Friday night on my way to KY. Mounted an old leupold VX-1 3-9x40 using the weaver low 1" rings. Sunday before I left camp I did the ole boresight at 50. took 3 shots to get on the bulls. Moved out to 100 yards and was mind blown! I stacked 3 shots on top of each other. I had bought 3 boxes of bullets Federal 180 grain SP, Hornady 170 grain BTSP, and the wichester extreme point 150 grains. The only box I opened and shot was the winchesters and I am stoked and ready for the Ohio gun season!! The patriot rifle is what you would expect for a $300 gun. cheap plastic magazine and stock. But I was not expecting accuracy like that from that little gun. I heard the recoil was light but man it is almost non existent. I think we have ended up with another rifle for my kids to shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_0406 (002).jpg
    IMG_0406 (002).jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 935
  • 59632243416__401100D0-6551-4F5C-ADBF-ED99E28B6015.JPG
    59632243416__401100D0-6551-4F5C-ADBF-ED99E28B6015.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 937

Tiny

Cool
My Tried em in his earlier Reported the same..with them Accuracy wise..
Good Luck n Looking forward to after action report..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jmed

Well, it got the job done. 30 minutes after day break this old fighter was slipping down a bench about 100 yards below me. The bullet struck exactly where I wanted high behind the shoulder, exited low behind the other. He ran about 30 yards off the bench looked around and flopped. 150 grain winchester XP. I cant get the lack of recoil. Always nice to be able to keep the animal in the scope post shot.

Attachments

• IMG_0429OHIO.JPG
    IMG_0429OHIO.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 792

Tiny

Jmed":2vhqo015 said:
Well, it got the job done. 30 minutes after day break this old fighter was slipping down a bench about 100 yards below me. The bullet struck exactly where I wanted high behind the shoulder, exited low behind the other. He ran about 30 yards off the bench looked around and flopped. 150 grain winchester XP. I cant get the lack of recoil. Always nice to be able to keep the animal in the scope post shot.

Congrats

Latest posts