32cal flint

Grill-n-man

Had a 32cal flint lock built out of a salvaged CVA barrel awhile back and Going to actually have time to chase tree rats with it and wondering if anyone out there has one also or close to it and what powder charge you using. Thinking around 20gr by volume with a patched round ball

Wobblyshot1

If it shoots accurately, 20 grs. is fine but be advised to make head shots only. I found that that load in the old flinter I had would cut the squirrels head off or nearly so. Accuracy load in that gun was more like 25 grs. and a ticking patched "0"(.320) buckshot. Like a dummy I sold that rifle but built another. The new one has a tighter bore so I'm trying "1 1/2"(.310) buckshot and .022" thick denim. So far it's looking like it gonna like heavier charges around 30/35 grains....maybe more.

mike243

My buddy has a squirrel rifle and he takes a block of wood, fills it full of holes to hold his patched balls, a bunch of pre measured loads some how else and you would think he was shooting a bolt action rifle lol, Sqaucks is his handle and he is from up north, salt of the earth type fellar. Stop over rimfire central in the hunting section, fine group of fellars hang out there , hope you enjoy the smoke/pop

Latest posts