308 recommendations

stickler

I am looking at getting a 308 and I can't decide which one. Looking to spend 800-1k. I looked at the Tikka and it felt great, just wondering what brand others have and if they like it. Thanks

Omega

I have 2x Rem 700s, and H&R single shot, and a Browning Lever in .308, like them all. Don't own a Tikka, but have heard good things about them, so not a bad choice. I'd look and feel a few (shoot if you can), then check user reviews on the one you think you want.

Carlos

I've got a Savage Trophy Whitetail, very happy with it. It's got a great trigger, one of the best I've ever shot.

TNRifleman

The Tikka will be a good rifle but I would also look at the Bergara WIlderness Series rifles. They will be cerakoted, have an externally adjustable trigger that is very good for OEM, and will be great shooiters. Additonally, Bergara is run by guys who are truly hunters and shooters and some of the best guys in the business. The Bergaras are also built on a Rem 700 platform so accessories and upgrades are super simply.

vonb

Have always been a Remington fan. However, if I had to choose today, it would be a Tikka. I've found very few others to feed and extract as smoothly from a factory rifle as well as have a great trigger.

RidgeRunner13

As others have said, Bergara. I have a B14 HMR and love it. It's on the heavy side but it shoots great. This is the second rifle I've owned with a Bergara barrel on it and both have shot very well.

Cherokee

It is my dilemma every time I open the safe. I have a Tikka T3X in 6.5 and a Savage Lightweight Hunter in 308. I love both. Splitting hairs a little here but I think for closer range shots I'll grab the 308 with heavy bullets.

FLTENNHUNTER1

This one:

Mine shoots .3 moa bone stock with my hand loads. Love the Hogue overmolded stock.

Dennis

I am also thinking of picking up a new rifle. I keep thinking about a Winchester Model 70
Super grade with a stainless barrel. But those are about $1200, so slightly more than what you said your price range is. But there is something about a nice wood stock and classic lines.

Latest posts